Since becoming a mom, I’ve come to love natural, simple, effective AND affordable products. I find it unreasonable to use effective products that are way overbudget because I believe that God made effective solutions for us without costing too much (“My burden is light” nga eh.) Plus, it’s more sustainable as well for a growing family such as ours to be wise (not unnecessarily kuripot or frugal), which is why long-term efficacy is just as important as cost. So that being said, I’m always on the lookout for good, effective, natural (as much as possible) products that are priced reasonably. And when I find them, I feel my heart soar and I’m most eager to share them! For this reason, most of the products in our bathroom and in our household are Human Heart Nature, because they’ve really found the best way to share their advocacy–which is to make it affordable!
Over the past several weeks I’ve also discovered some hot new products that are useful for me as a nursing mom, and for the family. Check out my latest finds:
- Ilog Maria Propolis Gold I’ve had bouts of colds threats over the last several weeks. Blame it on my lack of sleep. Just when I was feeling the headache and the colds, I took five drops of this for a few consecutive hours and by nighttime, I’m feeling fine. It’s like my little miracle in a bottle! It’s a natural probiotic and anti-oxidant. P121 for a 45mL bottle.
- Sweet Delights by Charlotte I love these great-tasting galactogogue treats with no bitter after-taste. Plus she sells an assorted box containing four different treats so you don’t feel umay with the same sweet treat every day. I love her oatmeal cookies and the Blondies are the best! As for my milk supply, well, my two-month old wears three-to-six month old clothes already so yeah, my little one is getting more-than-adequate breastmilk! P460 for a one-week supply of sweet treats.
- Sam Juan Nuts trail mix I’m hungry all the time. Probably because of nursing. So I need a healthier snack to keep hunger at bay. Sam Juan’s nuts contain roasted (without salt or oil) almonds, cashews, walnuts, raisins and dark chocolates, and they’re absolutely heavensent, especially to a hungry Momma late at night! Healthy and super delicious! And affordable at P170 for a 170 gram bag. Call or text for orders: 0995-4533770.
- Naturific Coco Sugar We’ve been using Coco Sugar for quite awhile now, and this is one of the most affordable suppliers I’ve found. I also buy organic pork tocino from Naturific. And the best part? Fast delivery and their cash-on-delivery mode of payment make the experience super convenient!
- May’s Baked Goods Okay, her products are not the healthiest but if you’re craving for a sweet treat, she makes really good Chocolate Chip Cookies. My other favorite is her Oatmeal Cream Cheese Cookies and these treats are super affordable! Great for gifts too. P100 for a bag of Choco Chip cookies. Call/text 0906-3703870, 0919-9318733
- Farmer’s Produce Extra Virgin Coconut Oil Cold-processed, 100% all-natural with no added chemicals. I taste the goodness in every teaspoon. We drink this straight up and mix this with my son’s rice (for protection and for help in digestion). This is one of the best and most affordable sources I’ve found. P400 for a 1-liter bottle.
- Elin Nursing Wear Beautiful cuts and comfortable fabrics. I love that they use Rayon Spandex so it falls really nice on the body. The one I pictured here is my current favorite–makes my arms look slim and highlights the curve of my waist while covering the tummy pooch. It’s not the cheapest in the market; SM still carries some of the more inexpensive ones (by a couple of hundreds), but the way Elin make its tops and dresses really feels premium. Their website is user-friendly and ordering is a breeze–great for new moms who don’t have much time to go out or the luxury to go to a store and fit in a fitting room. Elin gives me the freedom to order online and exchange should the need arise. I’ll order here again definitely.